Quick and Easy Vegan Biscuits
Use these vegan biscuits to mop up gravy or top with vegan margarine or jam, pour some Earl Grey tea, and enjoy a British afternoon tea.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. cold vegan margarine
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened soy milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add margarine.
- Using a fork, mash the margarine with the dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Add soy milk a few tablespoons at a time and combine just until dough forms. You may need to add a little more or less than 2⁄3 cup.
- Knead a few times on a floured surface, then roll out to 3⁄4 inch thick. Cut into 3-inch rounds.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until done.