Quick and Easy Walnut Brownies
This easy recipe takes the work out of making brownies. For a moister, less “cakey” brownie, use a 9-by-13-inch pan.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the cocoa and sugar into the butter until well blended. In a small bowl, stir the vanilla extract into the egg substitute. Beat the egg substitute into the cocoa mixture.
- In another bowl, stir the baking powder and salt into the flour until well blended. Stir into the cocoa mixture, blending thoroughly. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, until done. Let cool and cut into bars.