Quick Garlic Croutons
These can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator, then crisped up at the last moment. Double the recipe for extras.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 thick-cut slices hearty white bread, crusts removed
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler to 350°F.
- Mix together oil and garlic. Brush both sides of bread with garlic oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut each slice of bread into 6 cubes, to make 24 cubes. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the cubes on the sheet and broil until well browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Put the baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. Turn off the oven and leave the croutons to dry for 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.