Chill the tomato juice and vegetables before you prepare this soup. You can substitute canned tomatoes in a pinch.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup peeled, seeded, and diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups seeded and chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 small sprigs basil
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until slightly chunky.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl sitting in an ice bath. Stir occasionally until chilled. To serve, ladle soup into small glasses and garnish with basil.