Quick Grilled Eggplant with Lemon
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 small eggplants
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Slice eggplant into ¾ thick rounds. Salt both sides and place in a shallow bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse salt off the eggplant and blot dry with a paper towel. (The salt removes much of the bitterness.) Brush both sides with olive oil and let stand. Mix remaining olive oil with lemon juice.
- Start your grill. When the grill is ready (light gray ash coating charcoal, if used) grill eggplant. About 4 minutes per side should do it, brushing constantly with oil/lemon sauce mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.