Quick Lean Beef Stew
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1 boneless sirloin steak (8 oz.), cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. dried orange or lemon peel, crushed
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1½ tsp. Minor’s Low-Sodium Beef Base
- 1 bag (10 oz.) frozen no-salt-added mixed vegetables
- In a large, deep nonstick sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the onion and celery; sauté until the onion is almost transparent. Add the beef, minced garlic, pepper, citrus peel, and cloves; stir-fry until the beef is lightly browned.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, and water; bring to a boil. Add the beef base and stir to dissolve. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the frozen vegetable blend. Bring back to simmer and cook until the vegetables are heated through, about 5 minutes.