Quick Mango Jam
This is a lovely, fresh freezer jam perfect for a hot summer day.
Makes: 6 cupsHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 6 cups
- 3 cups mashed ripe mango
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup mango or passion-fruit juice
- 1 package (1.75 oz.) powdered fruit pectin
- Mix mangos with juice and sugar. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Mix water and pectin in a saucepan. Boil for 1 minute. Add in the fruit mixture and continue boiling for 3 minutes, until sugar dissolves.
- Cool slightly and place in freezer containers, leaving ½" headspace. Wait 24 hours before placing in freezer. Use within 1 year.