Quick Marinara Sauce
This sauce freezes well. Just make sure the sauce is well cooled in the refrigerator before placing it in the freezer.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- ⅛ tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil until barely smoking. Add the onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Sauté for about 5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer gently for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Purée the sauce in a blender and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.