Quick Meatballs in Tomato Sauce with Pasta
Make this simple version of meatballs in tomato sauce using prepared meatballs, diced tomatoes, onions, and garlic for a quick and delicious meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen meatballs, defrosted
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 package (16 oz.) dried linguine, cooked and drained
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, 5–7 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add meatballs, tomatoes, and salt, turn heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Add cooked pasta, toss well, and cook a few more minutes, or until pasta is hot.