Quick and Meaty Spaghetti
For a quick meal, prepare an easy tomato and meat sauce using prepared meatloaf and prepared marinara sauce. Toss with spaghetti and grated Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) cooked meatloaf in tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 jar (28 oz.) Marinara sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 quarts water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 box (1 lb.) dried spaghetti
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove meatloaf from package and crumble into small pieces, reserve tomato sauce.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add crumbled meatloaf and red pepper flakes; sauté for 1 minute. Add reserved tomato sauce, marinara sauce, and black pepper; bring to a simmer and cook for 7– 9 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly. Keep sauce warm over low heat while you boil the pasta.
- In a large stockpot over high heat, bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add salt and stir. Add pasta and stir again. Boil, uncovered, for 9–10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add meat sauce to pasta and toss well to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.