Quick Microwave Lasagna
With flavorful marinara sauce, this dish doesn’t really need any extra seasoning. But if you like, you can add a pinch of dried oregano, basil, or parsley.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- 1½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Crumble the ground beef into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the beef on high heat for 5 minutes. Give the dish a quarter turn and microwave on high heat for 4 more minutes. Make another quarter turn and microwave for 1 minutes at a time until the beef is cooked through. Remove from the microwave and drain the fat.
- Combine the ground beef with the crushed tomatoes and marinara sauce. Stir in the cheeses.
- Lay out four of the lasagna noodles in a large bowl or a 1-quart microwave-safe casserole dish. (Break the noodles if needed to fit into the container.) Spoon one-third of the sauce mixture over the noodles, spreading evenly. Add two more layers of the noodles and sauce.
- Cover the dish with wax paper. Microwave on high heat for 7 to 8 minutes, until the cheeses are cooked. Let the lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.