Quick Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (9 oz.) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- Break or cut the pasta into smaller pieces, and cook according to package directions, adding 1 tablespoon olive oil to the cooking water.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Cook the garlic in the oil about 1 minute, then add the tomatoes and basil; cook just until warmed—do not allow the tomatoes to become mushy. In a large bowl, toss together the hot pasta, tomato mixture, and Parmesan cheese.