Quick Pasta with Pesto
While the pasta boils, sauté onions in butter and then stir in a jar of store-bought pesto. Drain the pasta and toss into the skillet with the onion pesto sauce, grated Parmesan, and black pepper. That’s it for a quick weekday meal!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 quarts water
- 8 oz. dry penne rigate pasta
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ⅓ cup pesto
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan over high heat, add 2 quarts of water and bring to boil. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta. Return to a boil and cook, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until al dente. Remove from the heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the onions and gently cook, stirring often for 7 to 10 minutes, or until translucent. Stir in the pesto and the pasta. Toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and toss with cheese and black pepper. Serve immediately.