Quick Pickled Fennel Slaw
If you love the licorice-like flavor of fennel, here’s a delicious way to enjoy it. A quick turn in brine and you’ll have ready-to-eat fennel all month long! Simply slice and store in a simple brine, and this tasty slaw will be ready to serve atop avocado toast, on your next antipasto platter, or as a delicious side for fish dishes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- ½ tsp. peppercorns
- ½ lb. thinly sliced fennel
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, cook vinegar, water, honey, salt, garlic, and peppercorns together until mixture begins to simmer and salt dissolves.
- Place fennel in a 1-pint mason jar. Cover with brine. Twist lid on tightly.
- Refrigerate overnight. Store in refrigerator and enjoy within 5 weeks.