Quick Pickled Onions
These pickled onions add a great pop of flavor to everything from tacos to burgers – so you’ll want to make sure to always have a jar ready in the refrigerator. Pro tip: try using a mandolin slicer to get thin, even slices of onion every time.
Serves: 8Prep: 5 minutesCook: 2 minutesTotal: 7 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In pint-size resealable jar, place sliced onions.
- In small saucepan over high heat, combine vinegar, water and salt. Bring to boil. Pour vinegar mixture over onions to completely submerge.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. Use or cover and refrigerate. Store refrigerated for up to 1 month.