Quick Pickled Pink Eggs
Bright pink pickled eggs make a delicious high-protein snack. Enjoy these beautiful eggs straight out of the jar, or slice in half, remove the yolks, mix with mayonnaise and make a gorgeous and unusual deviled egg appetizer that looks great on any party table.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1 can (15 oz.) sliced beets, liquid only
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. pickling spice
- Place eggs and dill in a 1-quart mason jar.
- In a large saucepan, combine beet juice, vinegar, sugar, water and pickling spice. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolved.
- Pour over eggs. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy within 2 weeks.