Quick Pumpkin Mousse
This light-as-air mousse makes an elegant and refreshing dessert. If you want, you can spoon this mousse into a prepared graham cracker crust and make it into a pie instead!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin purée
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 envelope (7 grams) unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, add the water and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Microwave for 10 seconds, or until the gelatin is dissolved, making sure the mixture does not boil. Pour the melted gelatin into the pumpkin mixture and whisk well. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl with a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whip attachment, whip the cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 4 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture. Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl (or individual serving dishes), cover, and chill for at least 4 hours.