Quick Seared Sea Scallops
These spicy seasoned scallops are flavorful and very easy to prepare. Serve them over grits or alongside rice or potatoes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. sea scallops
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Cut very large scallops in half if desired. Pat scallops dry, then sprinkle with salt.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, Cajun seasoning, paprika, and pepper. Put melted butter in another shallow bowl. Press scallops into flour mixture, then turn to coat the other side. Quickly dip each side in butter.
- Cook scallops in hot oil for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.