Quick Shaoxing Wine Fried Shrimp
Quickly marinated in Shaoxing wine, then battered and fried to crispy perfection, these shrimp pack jumbo flavor.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound (26-30 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup Shaoxing wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, to serve
- In bowl, combine shrimp, Shaoxing wine, salt and pepper. Let marinate about 10 minutes.
- Add flour and water to shrimp mixture. Stir to coat.
- Prepare baking tray with cooling rack; set aside.
- In large pan over medium-high heat, add about ½” vegetable oil and heat. Once hot, cook shrimp, working in batches, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer cooked shrimp to prepared cooling rack.
- Serve with lemon and cilantro.