Quick Skillet Cod Nuggets
These homemade cod nuggets have a crispy coating and warm, flaky inside. Enjoy them for lunch, dinner or even as a snack.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pounds cod fillets, cut into 1”-2” pieces
- In a large deep skillet, add canola oil; heat to 350°F to 365°F.
- In a shallow dish, mix together egg and water. In a second shallow dish, mix together flour, breadcrumbs, lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Dip cod pieces into egg mixture, then dredge into breadcrumb mixture. Fry in hot oil 8 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Drain onto paper towel before serving.