Quick Spiced Pumpkin Soup
If you have a sweet tooth, you can add some more brown sugar to this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- ½" piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Stir all ingredients into a medium soup pot one at a time, whisking after each addition. Cover and heat to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream and serve.