Quick Tofu Breakfast Burrito
Toss in a fresh diced chili if you need something to really wake you up in the morning. There’s no reason you can’t enjoy these burritos for lunch, either!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 block (12 oz.) firm or extra-firm tofu, well pressed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 slices vegan cheese
- ½ medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Cube or crumble the tofu into 1" chunks. Sauté in olive oil over medium heat for 2–3 minutes. Add salsa and chili powder, and cook for 2–3 more minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer each warmed flour tortilla with half of the tofu and salsa mix and drizzle with hot sauce. Add vegan cheese and avocado slices and wrap like a burrito. Cut each wrap in half and serve hot.