Quick Tomato and Oregano Sauté
This versatile pan stew accompanies steamed, baked, or sautéed mushrooms as easily as it does grilled tempeh or fried tofu. It also works beautifully as a simple pasta sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cans (14 oz.) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Heat olive oil in 10" skillet over medium flame. Sprinkle in chopped garlic, and stir with a wooden spoon for only a moment, until the garlic whitens, and releases its aroma. Do not allow it to brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Simmer 10 minutes, until most water has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper, and fresh oregano. Simmer 1 minute more, and serve hot.