Quick Veggie Soup
You can cook healthfully and quickly at the same time. Use this recipe as a base and add your favorite veggies along with your favorite seasonings. The 2-step cooking process helps prevent a watery soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup eggplant, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- In a microwave-safe 2-quart casserole dish, combine eggplant, bell peppers, and onion. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 5 minutes on high. Stir after 2 minutes.
- Drain well in a colander, patting dry with paper towels. Wipe casserole dish dry with a paper towel, returning drained vegetable mixture to casserole dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to vegetable mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 9 to 10 minutes on high, stirring every 3 minutes. Serve hot.