Quick Weeknight Chicken Noodle Soup
Feel free to adapt this recipe according to what ingredients you have on hand. To make a quick and easy seafood version, for instance, replace the chicken and vegetables with crabmeat and asparagus.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried parsley leaves
- 1½ cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked egg noodles
- Heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until it begins to soften. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute until it begins to brown and the onion is softened. Stir in the celery and carrots. Cook for a minute.
- Add the chicken broth. Cover and turn the heat up to medium-high to bring to a boil. Stir in the salt, pepper, and parsley. Add the chicken and noodles.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the soup hot.