Quick Wonton Soup
This recipe calls for ready-made wontons. You can make your own or purchase them fresh or frozen from your local grocery market.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Water for boiling wontons
- 24 filled wonton dumplings
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the wonton dumplings, making sure there is enough room for them to move about freely. Boil for at least 5 minutes until the wontons rise to the top and the filling is cooked through. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the cabbage and cook until tender. Season the broth with salt and pepper. Add the cooked wontons and bring the soup back to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat and add the green onion. When serving, allow 6 wontons per person.