Quick Zucchini-Banana Bread
This recipe is a great way to introduce children to zucchini. You will need two zucchini for this recipe—be sure to drain any excess liquid from the grated zucchini before stirring it into the batter.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (3 large bananas)
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla-flavored yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Whisk in the milk, yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it out evenly. Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle of the bread comes out clean.