Quinoa and Black-Eyed Peas Salad
Nutritious and easy to throw together, this colorful salad is loaded with bright flavors and satisfying textures.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup tri color quinoa, cooked
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, sliced and halved
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In large serving bowl, toss together quinoa, black-eyed peas, cabbage, kale, carrots and bell pepper.
- In small bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, shallot, garlic and lemon juice.
- Toss dressing with salad. Let sit 10 to 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.