Quinoa and Wild Rice Stuffing
A stuffing that’s hearty, full of protein and tastes great? Everyone at the table will be asking for seconds!
Serves: 10Prep: 30 minutesCook: 1 hour 35 minutesTotal: 2 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup La Crema® Chardonnay
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Whole Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil. Add onion, celery, apple and thyme. Cook until softened. Add the garlic and salt, cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the chardonnay and broth. Bring to a boil, then stir in wild rice. Reduce heat to medium-low, then simmer and cover. Cook for 45 minutes until the rice is tender and some kernels have burst.
- Stir in the quinoa and water, cook for 15 more minutes, until the quinoa is tender.
- Add the cranberries, pecans, and parsley. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9”x13” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop the stuffing mixture into the prepared pan, lightly mounding instead of mashing the mixture down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.