Serve these nutritious and hearty pancakes with a soy “sausage” crumbles or links. Serve the pancakes with melted butter and maple or fruit syrup or honey.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Stir together the eggs, yogurt, and melted butter. Stir in the blueberries and quinoa. Fold in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until just blended.
- Spray a nonstick griddle or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat the griddle over medium-low to medium heat.
- Drop the batter by large spoonfuls onto the heated griddle and cook until the bottoms turn golden. Flip the pancakes over, respraying the skillet as needed. Remove the pancakes from the skillet when both sides are golden and the centers are firm. Repeat with the remaining batter and serve immediately.