Quinoa Bowl with Fruit and Avocado Cream
Avocado adds a lovely creaminess to this sweet and colorful bowl. You can switch up the types of fruit, depending on what’s in season.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup peeled and chopped mango
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 small avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, mango, and honey and toss to combine thoroughly.
- In a blender, combine apple juice, pistachios, and flaxseed and blend on high until all ingredients are broken down, about 2 to 4 minutes. Add avocado and blend on high until thoroughly combined and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup quinoa into each of two serving bowls and top each with equal amounts of the berry mixture and avocado cream; garnish each bowl with half the kiwi slices. Serve cold.