Quinoa Bowl with Fruit and Avocado Cream
Avocado adds a lovely creaminess to this sweet and colorful bowl. You can switch up the types of fruit, depending on what’s in season.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup peeled and chopped mango
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 small avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, mango, and honey and toss to combine thoroughly.
- In a blender, combine apple juice, pistachios, and flaxseed and blend on high until all ingredients are broken down, about 2–4 minutes. Add avocado and blend on high until thoroughly combined and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup quinoa into each of two serving bowls and top each with equal amounts of the berry mixture and avocado cream; garnish each bowl with half the kiwi slices. Serve cold.