Quinoa, Corn, and Black Bean Salad
This fresh salad is perfect for a summer brunch table.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cobs
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water and heat on medium-high. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the corn, beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Once the quinoa is cooled, add it to the vegetables and stir to combine. Add the dressing and stir to coat. This salad keeps well in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.