Quinoa, Corn, and Black Bean Salad
This fresh salad is perfect for a summer brunch table.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cobs
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water and heat on medium-high. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the corn, beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Once the quinoa is cooled, add it to the vegetables and stir to combine. Add the dressing and stir to coat. This salad keeps well in the refrigerator for 3–4 days.