Quinoa, Egg, Ham, and Cheese Breakfast Muffins
This is a super-fun and easy way to make eggs in the morning. You can get creative and use different ingredients to suit different tastes. Serve these with a side of fresh fruit for a complete breakfast.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 7 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 10 black olives, sliced
- ½ lb. breakfast ham, cooked and chopped into small cubes
- Position a rack in center of oven. Preheat to 400°F. Using cooking spray, coat cups of a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Add eggs to a large bowl with salt and pepper. Whisk until fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, half of the Parmesan and Cheddar cheese, scallions, parsley, olives, and ham.
- Fill muffin cups about ⅓ full with quinoa mixture. Pour in about ¼ cup eggs into each muffin cup. Sprinkle each with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20–25 minutes or until golden on top and around edges. Remove cups from pan by carefully sliding a rubber spatula along the sides.