Quinoa Fried “Rice”
Forget regular fried rice, this quinoa fried “rice” is the new thing in town. Not only is it quick to whip up; it’s completely gluten-free.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¾ cups gluten-free chicken broth
- ½ cup regular quinoa
- ½ cup red quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 chives, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free teriyaki sauce
- 3 Tbsp. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Bring the broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Stir in regular quinoa and red quinoa and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until softened, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, bell pepper, chives, garlic, and sugar snap peas. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Pour the sauce over the quinoa mixture.
- Pour in the eggs and stir-fry 3–4 minutes, or until set. Serve immediately.