This super-nutritious grain salad is made with gluten-free quinoa and protein-rich black beans.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Mediterranean Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Cilantro, chopped
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes together.
- In a separate bowl, combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, zucchini and green onions together. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.