Quinoa Salad with Orange-Mint Dressing
This salad is bright and beautiful, displaying almost every color of the rainbow. It also is packed with healthy proteins.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa, reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook quinoa for 10 to 15 minutes. Water should be absorbed but quinoa should have a slight crunch still.
- Transfer quinoa to a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Transfer to a salad bowl. Add the zest, red onion, bell peppers, peas, and mint to the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, mix vinaigrette, orange juice, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.