Quinoa Spinach and Feta Salad
The addition of quinoa and roasted mushrooms turns ordinary spinach salad into a hearty and filling meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps halved
- 1 box Simple Truth™ Mediterranean Quinoa
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Baby Spinach
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat broiler with rack 4" from heat.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, one teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- On large, rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms with half of dressing (reserve remainder); broil, tossing occasionally, until most of liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- In small saucepan, cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In large bowl, combine spinach, mushrooms, quinoa and reserved dressing. Toss to combine (spinach will slightly wilt) and top with feta.