Quinoa Spinach Salad
Fill this salad with your favorite fruits to add a zestful taste and texture for a light side dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 bag (8 oz.) spinach
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to the package directions and set aside.
- For the dressing: combine apple cider vinegar, mango, kiwi, olive oil, orange juice, and orange zest in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- For the salad: place spinach in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients, including the cooked quinoa. Toss until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.