Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers are filled with protein and nutrients your body desires. They’re easy to make and fun to eat!
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3⁄4 cup Black Beans No Salt Added, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup petite diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops removed, stemmed and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9"x13" baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, green chilies, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove the tops of each bell pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into each bell pepper cavity. Top each pepper with cheese, if desired. Place on prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.