Quinoa soaks up the flavors of the herbs, lemon juice, and olive oil, and makes for an excellent base for tabbouleh. You can top this with some feta cheese for extra flavor.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup finely diced cucumber
- Place quinoa in a sieve and rinse well with water. Combine quinoa with stock in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 12–15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Drain thoroughly.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice to combine. Add quinoa, salt, parsley, mint, tomatoes, and cucumber and toss. Serve at room temperature or chilled.