Quinoa with Garbanzo Beans and Roasted Cumin Vegetables
This dish is filling, fresh, and comforting. Lime juice adds an extra dimension to the seasonal roasted vegetables.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup red or white quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup radicchio, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss vegetables with oil, cumin, salt, and pepper. Roast in a baking pan for 25 minutes, or until caramelized. Reserve.
- Wash quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer. Place in a medium saucepan with vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off, and let steam for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Reserve.
- Place the roasted vegetables and quinoa in a large bowl or on a platter with the garbanzo beans and radicchio. Drizzle lime juice over the bowl or plate and season with sea salt.