Rainy Day Cupcakes
Sometimes a treat is all about the presentation. This wiggly, colorful treat brightens up a rainy day like few other cupcakes can. Perk them up with paper cocktail parasols for even more fun.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 4 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 box (3 oz.) blue gelatin
- 1 tub (16 oz.) tub thawed whipped topping
- ¼ cup blue-colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Prepare batter according to cake mix instructions. Spoon batter into cups. Bake according to instructions.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before poking with skewers, creating 8 holes per cupcake. Boil water and dissolve gelatin in it completely.
- Spoon gelatin over cupcakes so that mixture fills in the holes. Chill cupcakes in the refrigerator for 4 hours so that gelatin sets.
- Frost with whipped topping and sprinkle with colored sugar.