Raisin-Banana French Toast
This is a show-stopper for a Sunday brunch and pretty enough to be a dessert!
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 thick slice (2") raisin bread
- ½ medium banana, peeled and mashed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup soy milk
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. confectioners' sugar
- Cut a horizontal pocket in the bread. Fill pocket with mashed banana.
- Combine eggs, soy milk, and cinnamon. Soak both sides of stuffed bread in milk mixture.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook bread about 3–5 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.