Raisin and Bran Cereal Muffins
A breakfast of a glass of orange juice (with pulp!) and a bran muffin is a delicious way to start your day with fiber. The raisins add sweetness and fiber, and you can substitute whole-wheat flour for all-purpose flour to add even more fiber.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2½ cups All-Bran cereal
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups nonfat buttermilk
- 1½ cups raisins
- 1 cup bran flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin tin or line it with fluted paper cups. Pour the boiling water over 1 cup of All-Bran and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix the oil into the All-Bran and water mixture, then add the remaining All-Bran, sugar, eggs, and buttermilk.
- Add the flour mixture to the All-Bran mixture and mix to combine. Stir in the raisins and bran flakes.
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ full with the batter and bake for 20 minutes.