For a unique flavor to these cookies, try substituting the water with an equal amount of your favorite tea. Earl Grey, with its delicate citrus flavor, is perfect.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; blend well. Whisk dry ingredients together to blend; add alternately with water to butter mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Drop teaspoon-size mounds of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes; do not overcook. Cool completely.