For a unique flavor to these cookies, try substituting the water with an equal amount of your favorite tea. Earl Grey, with its delicate citrus flavor, is perfect.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. water
- ¾ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; blend well. Whisk dry ingredients together to blend; add alternately with water to butter mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Drop teaspoon-size mounds of dough 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8–10 minutes; do not overcook. Cool completely.