Part of the reason these cookies ship so well is the moisture from the raisins. If you do not like raisins, substitute dried cranberries, dates, or other dried fruit.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter, shortening, and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Blend in oats and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool a few minutes before removing from baking sheet. Cool completely before wrapping to ship.