Raisin Rice Pudding
This classic dessert is popular in many restaurants. You can save some calories and fat by using reduced-fat milk and cutting back on the sugar to
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ cup arborio rice, uncooked
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk, divided
- ⅓ cup turbinado sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. wheat-free vanilla extract
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the water and bring to boil. Stir rice into boiling water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 20 minutes, until all water has been absorbed.
- Place the egg in a small bowl and beat. Slowly add ½ cup of milk to the egg. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1½ cups milk, sugar, and salt to the cooked rice. Cook over medium heat about 30 minutes, until it begins to get thicker and creamier. Slowly add in egg/milk mixture, making sure to stir constantly.
- Add raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Continue to cook another 2 minutes, while stirring constantly. Serve warm or cold.