Ranch Breakfast Casserole
A slice of casserole loaded with sausage, egg and cheese is just what you need to jumpstart your morning.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cooking spray
- 1⁄2 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1⁄2 loaf Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter, softened
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 Simple Truth™ Natural Cage Free Grain Fed Large Brown Eggs Grade A
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Milk
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle position. Coat 13" x 9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up chunks with fork. Pour fat from skillet, then cool sausage to room temperature.
- Cut bread into 1" thick slices.
- In food processor, pulse butter and garlic until smooth; spread on both sides of each bread slice. Arrange slices in baking dish. Sprinkle sausage on top.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper until frothy, then whisk in green onions and half of cheese. Pour egg mixture over sausage (bread will float to the top), pushing down on bread with a spatula to help it absorb liquid. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Covered with a large sheet of buttered foil (buttered side down), bake for 25 minutes, then carefully remove foil and bake until top is slightly puffed and eggs are cooked through in center, about 15 to 25 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes, then cut into squares.