This is a fresh salsa version of the traditional cooked salsa used in huevos rancheros. This version is best used the same day it's made.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, and black pepper until just mixed but still chunky.