Rapini with Chili Sauce
This side goes great with pork dishes. You can find sweet chili sauce in the international aisle or Asian specialty markets.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 bunches broccoli rapini, trimmed, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced paper thin
- ¼ cup Chinese sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Cut the rapini into large flowerets. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the rapini for about 3 minutes or just until tender and a vibrant green. Add the bell pepper for the last 1 minute. Drain through a colander and rinse under cool water. Set aside to drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the rapini mixture and cook, stirring often, until heated through. Toss in the sweet chili sauce and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.